Job Title: Commercial Superintendent
Location: Whitsett, NC
Job Opening Date: Thursday, April 15, 2016
Job Closing Date: Thursday, May 12, 2016 (or until filled)
Responsible for the day to day activities associated with construction of any building.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Schedules and contacts subs and owners to maintain written schedule provided by project manager.
- Review and approve proposed construction schedule.
- Contacts and communicates with appropriate subs.
- Purchases small incidental items.
- Performs small hands on installations such as door frames, doors, hardware, mill work, signage and bath hardware.
- Communicates with owners or owner reps.
- Communicates with inspection department.
- Communicates any issues or changes back to project manager and superintendent.
- Maintains and ensures quality from all trades.
- Resolves scheduling disputes.
- Maintains all required paperwork and receipts.
- Quickly and properly addresses all customer issues and warranty items.
- Assists other superintendents as needed.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning; assigning, and directing work.
- Appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, plans, and specifications.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Equipment (includes but not limited to):
- Carpenter tools including saws, drills, levels and hammer.
- Construction calculator
- Scissor lift
- Fall protection devices
- Time management.
- Oral communication.
- Common sense.
- Valid Driver’s License Required.
Education and Training
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 5+ years related job experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Framing experience
- Site work experience
Certificates and Licenses:
- Safety training